The Board of Directors of the New York State Outdoorsmen Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations for individuals to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2018.
To begin the nomination process, you can download the cover sheet from our website:
Before you submit your nomination, please make sure you complete each of the items on this checklist. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Complete the nomination cover sheet.
- Make sure to include a list of specific achievements or contributions the nominee has done that would qualify him for induction
- The scope of the achievements or contributions should be significant enough to be considered for induction.
- Include detailed documentation supporting the specific achievements or contributions of giving back. This verification can be newspaper articles, printouts from the internet, pictures, letters or emails verifying specific activities. (They should address the who, what, why, when and where of the activities.)
- The nomination must clearly convey “It’s not what you take, but what you give back.”
Men and women are carefully selected for induction based on their significant contributions to preserve our outdoor heritage, enhance opportunity, or support the causes of conservation and outdoor sports. Selection for this distinguished group is not based on individual achievements, but rather what they have done for others. This “giving back” sets our selection criteria far above other halls of fame.
When reviewing the nomination, board members from around New York State may not know the nominee or their “giving back” and must rely solely on the documentation in nomination. The board must clearly see where the nominee gave back outside of “work” in order to select the person for induction. Those not selected may be qualified to be inducted, but their part on giving back more than they took (volunteering) was not documented in the nomination submission.
If you have any questions on the nomination process feel free to contact the NYSOHOF President, Stephen Wowelko at email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or any other board member listed on our website: http://nysohof.org/
The deadline to submit a completed nomination is January 31, 2018